2. Information We Collect
We collect information about you in two ways: directly from your input, and through automated technologies.
2.1 Data You Provide to Us
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with us and the Service and may include:
- Contact details, such as your name and work email address, postal address and phone number;
- Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords, password hints and similar security information;
- We do not require, but you may choose to provide, additional information such as job titles, secondary contact information and your photo;
- Service tickets you enter, comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including search query data and questions or information you send to customer support; and/or
- Interests and communication preferences, including preferred language.
2.2 Data From Your Organization
We may obtain information about you from the organization with which you are employed or affiliated in order to activate and manage your access to and use of the organization’s subscription to the Service, including:
- Contact details, such as your name and work email address, postal address and phone number;
- Other account registration information, such as job title; and/or
- Organizational user ID.
2.3 Data From Service Use
The Service may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with the Service, including:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system and other software installed on your device, mobile platform and unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, your URL click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, and pages you visited on the Service; and/or
- For a location-aware Service, the region, city or town where your device is located in order to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
We collect this data through our servers and the use of ‘cookies’ and other technologies. You can control cookies through your browser’s settings and other tools. However, if you block certain cookies, you may not be able to register, login, or access certain parts or make full use of the Service.
3. How We Use Your Information
Depending on how you interact with us and the Service, we use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Service;
- Process and fulfill a request, order, download, or other transaction;
- Provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve the Service and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you custom content and other personalization to make the Service more relevant to your employment, interests and geography;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements related to the Service and our other products and services;
- Provide you with promotional messages and other information about products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and third parties such as sponsors;
- Invite you to participate in user testing and Service promotions;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance, or in other ways pursuant to a customer agreement; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements
If you are an administrator of an organization with a subscription to the Service, we will use your details to communicate with you about your organization’s subscription and related services. If you supply us contact information of your colleagues, we may contact those individuals with communications about the Service that may include reference to you.
4. Sharing of Your Information
4.1 Your Organization
If you access the Service through a subscription administered by your organization, your personal information and certain usage data gathered through the Service may be accessed by or shared with the administrators authorized by your organization for the purposes of usage analysis, subscription management and compliance, cost attribution and departmental budgeting.
4.2 Application Licensor
4.3 Our Group Companies and Service Providers
Depending on the Service provided, we share personal information with:
- Worldwide affiliates of Acumera Holding, Inc. include Acumera, Inc., Acumera Reliant, Inc. and Acumera Rigel LLC; and/or
- Our service providers, suppliers, agents and representatives, including but not limited to, payment processors, customer support, IT service providers, and shipping agents;
4.4 For Legal Reasons
We also will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues; and/or
- protect the rights, property or safety of LexisNexis Risk Solutions, our users, employees or others;
and as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets or an acquisition by or merger with another company.
5. Your Communications Preferences
You can customize and manage your communications preferences and other settings when you register with the Service, by updating your account features and preferences, by using the “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive, or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
6. Accessing and Updating Your Information
6.1 Your Account
The Service may allow registered users to directly access and review their account information and make corrections or updates upon login at any time. Keeping such information up to date is solely the responsibility of the user. Registered users may also close their account by contacting the Service’s customer support.
6.2 Your Rights
You have the right under privacy and data protection laws, as may be applicable, to request free of charge:
- access to and correction or deletion of your personal information;
- restriction of our processing of your personal information, or to object to our processing; and
- portability of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the information in the “Contact” section, below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
7. Data Retention
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements. If you access the Service through a subscription administered or sponsored by your organization, we retain your organizational contact details after the termination of your organization’s subscription to continue to communicate with you
8. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18 or target the Service to children under 18.
9. Data Security
We use a variety of administrative, physical and technical security measures to help safeguard your personal information.
10. Locations of Processing
Your personal information may be stored and processed in your region or another country where Acumera Holdings’ affiliates and our service providers maintain servers and facilities, including (but not limited to) Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, Iceland, Israel, India, Italy, Ireland, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States. We take steps, including through contracts, intended to ensure that the information continues to be protected wherever it is located in a manner consistent with the standards of protection required under applicable law.
11. Grounds for Processing
When we collect from you any personal information within the scope of European data protection laws, we do so:
- where necessary to provide the Service, fulfill a transaction or otherwise perform a contract with you or at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- where necessary for our compliance with applicable law or other legal obligation;
- where necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest;
- where applicable, with your consent; and/or
- as necessary to operate our business, protect the security of our systems, customers and users, detect or prevent fraud, enable our customers to comply with legal obligations, or fulfill our other legitimate interests as described in the “Information We Collect,” “How We Use Your Information” and “Sharing of Your Information” clauses above, except where our interests are overridden by your privacy rights.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing.
Data Protection Officer
3307 Northland Drive, Suite 500
Austin, Texas 78731
United States of America
You may also lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in the applicable jurisdiction.
Last updated: 31st May 2022